Lena Dunham Blasts Reports She Didn’t Vote In 2012 Election
2:06 pm, February 7th, 2013
Lena Dunham says she DID vote in the 2012 presidential election, despite a new report claiming that she skipped voting after making an ad supporting President Obama.
The rumor broke late Wednesday on a political blog and was subsequently picked up by the likes of Perez Hilton and The Daily Beast.
Perez screamed, “One source claims that after some savvy digging they failed to unearth ANY records proving that the often naked Girls creator voted… In fact, they found that a Lena Dunham registered in Brooklyn did NOT vote at all!”
But it looks like the rumors of Dunham failing to perform her civic duty were misplaced.
On Thursday, the actress-writer-director shot down the report.
“I did vote,” wrote Dunham on Twitter, before providing a longer explanation.
She tweeted, “I tried to get an absentee ballot but, because our nation’s voting system is a steampunk cornmaze, it didn’t arrive.”
“So not to be a martyr about it but I flew to New York to vote,” said the “Girls” star. “I wasn’t sure if my change of address had officially been registered [so] I went to my old polling place with my dad, where they let me vote by affidavit (what was totally allowed.)”
She concluded by joking, “Obviously I voted for Romney. I hope everyone has a nice day.”
And so the brief Lena Dunham Voting Scandal of 2012-2013 was brought to an end.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting