Shia LaBeouf ‘Apology’ Saga Now Involves Lena Dunham, Even Stevens & Sociopaths
6:59 pm, January 4th, 2014
To recap: LaBeouf was caught ripping off comic artist Daniel Clowes with his directorial project HowardCantour.com, and has spent the ensuing weeks apologizing for his actions by deliberately plagiarizing other people’s unrelated public apologies.
The entire exercise is, apparently, some kind of meta commentary on plagiarism and apologies… or performance art… or something.
Earlier this week, LaBeouf tweeted a picture of a skywriting apology to Clowes he commissioned to be scripted high above Los Angeles (see below).
On Saturday, Dunham commented on Twitter, “I’ve always felt, utterly and unchangeably, that only sociopaths hire skywriters.”
She then added, “The worst part is I’d probably totally drop my morals, and my pants, if someone skywrote to me.”
LaBeouf saw Dunham’s jab, retweeted it, and then tweeted, “I don’t mind creating debate with thoroughly considered artistic expressions but I don’t want to offend with a tweet. Sorry world.”
Those words are actually Dunham’s — from an October 2012 apology (on Twitter) regarding a Halloween costume joke she’d made that some considered offensive.
Dunham was startled to see her own apology appropriated by LaBeouf.
“Vaguely recognized Shia Labeouf’s latest twitter apology and realized it was MINE! Touché, Louis Stevens,” tweeted Dunham, referencing LaBeouf’s character on the early 2000s Disney series “Even Stevens.”
She continued, “Projecting a lot of rage against my 7th grade boyfriend on LaBeouf. Think this is the start of something really productive #2014.”
And that’s where things stand.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?