Lena Dunham: I Would Look In Mirror As Kid and Think, “I’m Just So Beautiful”
4:53 pm, August 29th, 2013
“My parents both have really healthy attitudes about their own bodies but also about the range of things that can be beautiful,” Dunham tells the magazine. “But they also just always made me feel pretty and cool and smart, even in the moments when I have known – and still know – that my body wasn’t fitting into a traditional Hollywood idea of the female body.”
The actress-writer-director has long been candid about body issues, telling Playboy earlier this year that she’s glad she doesn’t look like a Victoria’s Secret model.
In Marie Claire UK, she explains the origins of her confidence and comfort with herself.
Dunham says, “This could very easily be taken out of context, and I think it’s funny now, but I remember looking in the mirror as a kid and it would be like for an hour at a time, and I’d be like: ‘I’m just so beautiful. Everybody is so lucky that they get to look at me.’”
“And of course that changes as you get older, but I may have held on to that little-kid feeling that was me alone in my bathroom,” she adds.
What do you think about Dunham’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man