Lena Dunham: I Would Look In Mirror As Kid and Think, “I’m Just So Beautiful”
4:53 pm, August 29th, 2013
“My parents both have really healthy attitudes about their own bodies but also about the range of things that can be beautiful,” Dunham tells the magazine. “But they also just always made me feel pretty and cool and smart, even in the moments when I have known – and still know – that my body wasn’t fitting into a traditional Hollywood idea of the female body.”
The actress-writer-director has long been candid about body issues, telling Playboy earlier this year that she’s glad she doesn’t look like a Victoria’s Secret model.
In Marie Claire UK, she explains the origins of her confidence and comfort with herself.
Dunham says, “This could very easily be taken out of context, and I think it’s funny now, but I remember looking in the mirror as a kid and it would be like for an hour at a time, and I’d be like: ‘I’m just so beautiful. Everybody is so lucky that they get to look at me.’”
“And of course that changes as you get older, but I may have held on to that little-kid feeling that was me alone in my bathroom,” she adds.
What do you think about Dunham’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Victoria's Secret Model Disses Taylor Swift's Modeling Potential