Lena Dunham Talks Sex Abuse After Dylan Farrow Letter: “Most Victims NEVER Speak Up”
10:55 pm, February 3rd, 2014
As Gossip Cop reported, Allen’s adopted daughter Dylan detailed, in an open letter released over the weekend, accusations that her famous father molested her when she was 7 years old.
Allen strongly denies the claims.
On Monday, Dunham opened up a discussion on Twitter, writing, “In wake of Dylan’s letter I’ve noticed a lot of guys obsessed with the idea of being falsely accused… as if you would just be walking down the street one day, get accused of assault or sexual misconduct, and suddenly life would derail.”
The “Girls” creator acknowledged “There have, of course, been plenty of terrible and unjust cases in the past,” but urged people to remember that “most victims NEVER speak up.”
“Most never feel they can,” added Dunham, saying, “These are not stories we tell for fun, attention or revenge.”
What do you think of Dunham’s comments following Farrow’s open letter?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014