Lena Dunham Talks Sex Abuse After Dylan Farrow Letter: “Most Victims NEVER Speak Up”
10:55 pm, February 3rd, 2014
As Gossip Cop reported, Allen’s adopted daughter Dylan detailed, in an open letter released over the weekend, accusations that her famous father molested her when she was 7 years old.
Allen strongly denies the claims.
On Monday, Dunham opened up a discussion on Twitter, writing, “In wake of Dylan’s letter I’ve noticed a lot of guys obsessed with the idea of being falsely accused… as if you would just be walking down the street one day, get accused of assault or sexual misconduct, and suddenly life would derail.”
The “Girls” creator acknowledged “There have, of course, been plenty of terrible and unjust cases in the past,” but urged people to remember that “most victims NEVER speak up.”
“Most never feel they can,” added Dunham, saying, “These are not stories we tell for fun, attention or revenge.”
What do you think of Dunham’s comments following Farrow’s open letter?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own