Miss Angola Leila Lopes Wins Miss Universe 2011
12:54 am, September 13th, 2011
Leila Lopes of Angola was crowned Miss Universe on Monday night.
The 25-year-old Lopes is the first Miss Universe from Angola. She beat out contestants from 88 other countries to win the title on the pageant’s 60th anniversary.
And it was a question about beauty that helped her take the crown.
When asked what physical trait she would change, Lopes replied, “Thank God I’m very satisfied with the way God created me, and I wouldn’t change a thing.” She added, “I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family, and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life.”
Lopes replaces last year’s Miss Universe, Ximena Navarrete of Mexico.
Miss Universe is co-owned by Donald Trump and NBC.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Paul Walker Did the Most Generous Thing Ever
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Stars In New Video Series