Lee Thompson Young Dead at 29: Jett Jackson Actor Died in Suicide [UPDATE]
1:53 pm, August 19th, 2013
Lee Thompson Young, an actor best known for “The Famous Jett Jackson,” has died, committing suicide in his apartment.
He was 29.
“It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning,” says Young’s manager. “Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed.”
Young’s body was reportedly discovered in his Los Angeles residence, and he appears to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Young failed to show up for work on “Rizzoli & Isles” on Monday, at which point his landlord was asked to check on the star and subsequently made the grisly discovery.
He first rose to fame on Disney’s “The Famous Jett Jackson” (see below) before going on to roles in shows such as “Scrubs” and “FlashForward,” and movies like Friday Night Lights.
Young starred as Detective Barry Frost on “Rizzoli & Isles.”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!