Lee Thompson Young Dead at 29: Jett Jackson Actor Died in Suicide [UPDATE]
1:53 pm, August 19th, 2013
Lee Thompson Young, an actor best known for “The Famous Jett Jackson,” has died, committing suicide in his apartment.
He was 29.
“It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning,” says Young’s manager. “Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed.”
Young’s body was reportedly discovered in his Los Angeles residence, and he appears to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Young failed to show up for work on “Rizzoli & Isles” on Monday, at which point his landlord was asked to check on the star and subsequently made the grisly discovery.
He first rose to fame on Disney’s “The Famous Jett Jackson” (see below) before going on to roles in shows such as “Scrubs” and “FlashForward,” and movies like Friday Night Lights.
Young starred as Detective Barry Frost on “Rizzoli & Isles.”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court