Lee Daniels’ The Butler Wins Weekend Box Office Over We’re The Millers, Kick-Ass 2
9:50 am, August 18th, 2013BOX OFFICE
Lee Daniels’ The Butler won the weekend box office.
The historical drama, starring Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey, earned $24.3 million and the #1 spot in its debut.
Holdover comedy We’re The Millers took second with $17.7 million, while new release Kick-Ass 2 took in $14 million and landed third.
Matt Damon’s sci-fi action flick Elysium and the animated Planes came in fourth and fifth place, with $13.5 million and $13.4 million, respectively.
Rounding out the top 10: Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters ($8.2 million), new movie Jobs ($6.5 million), 2 Guns ($5.7 million), The Smurfs 2 ($5 million), The Wolverine ($4.5 million), and newbie Paranoia ($3.6 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents