LeAnn Rimes Sues Twitter Users For Invading Privacy By Recording Phone Call
9:47 pm, August 30th, 2012
LeAnn Rimes has filed a lawsuit against two Twitter users whom she claims illegally recorded and distributed a phone call they had with the singer.
Rimes, who is currently in a treatment facility for emotional issues, says she reached out to Kimberly Smiley and Lexi Smiley after they allegedly bashed her repeatedly on Twitter following her affair with a then-married Eddie Cibrian.
The “campaign of harassment” allegedly continued well after Rimes and Cibrian officially got together, prompting the country star to reach out to them via phone in the Spring.
According to Rimes’ suit, the Smileys — who have allegedly hidden their true names — secretly recorded the conversation, and then posted “out-of-context excerpts” online designed to paint Rimes “in an egregiously false and negative light and cause her emotion distress.”
Rimes is now suing for invasion of privacy, and is hoping to get an injunction against further dissemination of the recording.
The songstress is also seeking damages, and has her attorney looking into whether the women can be prosecuted criminally as well.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet