LeAnn Rimes Sues Twitter Users For Invading Privacy By Recording Phone Call
9:47 pm, August 30th, 2012
LeAnn Rimes has filed a lawsuit against two Twitter users whom she claims illegally recorded and distributed a phone call they had with the singer.
Rimes, who is currently in a treatment facility for emotional issues, says she reached out to Kimberly Smiley and Lexi Smiley after they allegedly bashed her repeatedly on Twitter following her affair with a then-married Eddie Cibrian.
The “campaign of harassment” allegedly continued well after Rimes and Cibrian officially got together, prompting the country star to reach out to them via phone in the Spring.
According to Rimes’ suit, the Smileys — who have allegedly hidden their true names — secretly recorded the conversation, and then posted “out-of-context excerpts” online designed to paint Rimes “in an egregiously false and negative light and cause her emotion distress.”
Rimes is now suing for invasion of privacy, and is hoping to get an injunction against further dissemination of the recording.
The songstress is also seeking damages, and has her attorney looking into whether the women can be prosecuted criminally as well.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks