LeAnn Rimes: Engagement Rumor is “150% Untrue”
6:12 pm, November 5th, 2010
E! does not stand for “engaged.”
Although E! claimed it had credible sources who were saying LeAnn Rimes and her recently divorced boyfriend Eddie Cibrian had gotten engaged, and that Cibrian “is going to make an honest woman” out of her, the couple is not set to tie the knot anytime soon.
Rimes took to Twitter to debunk the rumor.
She wrote: “Ok, I’ve about had it with the lack of ‘reporting’ with E News. The fact that our ‘engagement’ has spread so furiously over the past 24 hours off of an E News article that is 150% untrue just shows you the lack of credible ‘sources’ they seem to find and build a story around… Even though this is positive ‘news’ its not true.”
She did, however, go on to note, “Eddie and I are beyond happy and in love and look forward to one day sharing such private news with you all and hopefully will be able to enjoy it privately and share it with our family and friend’s before the world knows (contrary to reports on our intentions). So, nothing has been ‘exclusively’ broken E News except maybe some of your credibility.”
After mocking E! by writing, “I’M PREGNANT TOO!!!” the singer-actress, added, “Thanks to all of our wonderful fans for the premature congats, but for now, let’s all be happy we’re happy and still and will remain together! Eddie and I felt we couldn’t let this rumor go on any longer.”
When Rimes and Cibrian actually get engaged, Gossip Cop will give it a “10.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?