LeAnn Rimes: I Was NOT Drunk on X Factor
3:36 pm, December 20th, 2012
Blogs such as TMZ wrote that the country singer’s performance of “How Do I Love” had “a lot of people wondering if she hit the bottle before taking the mic.”
The site alleged Rimes “looked wobbly and seemed to meander as the song went along,” noting that at one point, “LeAnn clutched Carly Rose, arguably to maintain her balance.
Now, Rimes is taking to Twitter to blast the speculation.
She tweeted, “In my 18 years of performing, I have never been anything but professional onstage. It is a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly, a very talented young girl.”
Rimes added, And while I have not given any media outlet a quote, if you want one, here it is ‘It was an amazing opportunity to share this experience with Carly and I know I’ll be watching for her to win tonight.’”
A lawyer for Rimes also tells us she was “not” drunk.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think .
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents