Leah Remini Talks Leaving Scientology on Ellen: “We’ve Lost Friends” (VIDEO)
2:30 pm, September 9th, 2013VIDEO
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
She explains to Ellen DeGeneres that her mother got her involved when she was very young, but that she gradually realized she could no longer be a part of the controversial religion.
“Over time, my eyes open, and I just could no longer be affiliated with the organization, and my family felt the same, so we left,” explains Remini.
Asked whether she’s OK, the actress tells DeGeneres, “It’s hard. We have lost friends that can no longer talk to us.”
She continues, “And these are friends that we’ve had for dozens of years, but I have great friends, other friends that are not in the Church, that have stood by us, and our family is stronger, we’re together, and that’s all I could ask for.”
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet