Lea Michele on Hailee Steinfeld: ‘I Never Meant to Hurt Her’ (EXCLUSIVE)
6:05 pm, January 11th, 2011EXCLUSIVE
Perez Hilton, for instance, blared, “True Grit Actress Dissed By Princess Lea.”
The blogger jumped on the bandwagon along with a number of other outlets who twisted a section of an interview Steinfeld gave J-14 magazine.
In the article, the breakout actress was asked about her most embarrassing moment. She replied that while she was auditioning in costume for True Grit at the Paramount studios, she spotted Michele (who films “Glee” on the same lot), and asked for her autograph, but was turned down.
By the time Steinfeld’s quotes made it on various blogs, one key element was omitted.
It was NOT Lea Michele who “dissed” Steinfeld.
It was actually a production assistant – a point even made by Steinfeld – instructed by the show’s brass to keep fans at bay, who refused the signing.
Steinfeld says in the J-14 interview, “So I walked up to her and asked for her autograph, but she walked by and a guy came and said, ‘Sorry, now’s not a good time!’”
Though it wasn’t her fault, the “Glee” star does feel bad about the incident.
Michele tells Gossip Cop exclusively: “I heard Hailee was upset and feel terrible. The ‘Glee’ schedule is so jam-packed that the PA probably pulled me so that I wouldn’t be late to set. I never meant to hurt her feelings. She’s an extraordinary talent and I look forward to meeting her one day.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court