Lea Michele on Hailee Steinfeld: ‘I Never Meant to Hurt Her’ (EXCLUSIVE)
6:05 pm, January 11th, 2011EXCLUSIVE
Perez Hilton, for instance, blared, “True Grit Actress Dissed By Princess Lea.”
The blogger jumped on the bandwagon along with a number of other outlets who twisted a section of an interview Steinfeld gave J-14 magazine.
In the article, the breakout actress was asked about her most embarrassing moment. She replied that while she was auditioning in costume for True Grit at the Paramount studios, she spotted Michele (who films “Glee” on the same lot), and asked for her autograph, but was turned down.
By the time Steinfeld’s quotes made it on various blogs, one key element was omitted.
It was NOT Lea Michele who “dissed” Steinfeld.
It was actually a production assistant – a point even made by Steinfeld – instructed by the show’s brass to keep fans at bay, who refused the signing.
Steinfeld says in the J-14 interview, “So I walked up to her and asked for her autograph, but she walked by and a guy came and said, ‘Sorry, now’s not a good time!’”
Though it wasn’t her fault, the “Glee” star does feel bad about the incident.
Michele tells Gossip Cop exclusively: “I heard Hailee was upset and feel terrible. The ‘Glee’ schedule is so jam-packed that the PA probably pulled me so that I wouldn’t be late to set. I never meant to hurt her feelings. She’s an extraordinary talent and I look forward to meeting her one day.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"