Lawrence Taylor Could Face Four Years In Prison For Alleged Rape
4:00 pm, May 6th, 2010UPDATE
Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been charged with rape in the third degree, or having sexual intercourse with a minor.
Taylor, a former New York Giants linebacker and “Dancing With The Stars” contestant, was arrested earlier today after allegedly raping an unnamed 16-year-old female at the Holiday Inn Holidome hotel in Suffern, New York.
If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison. He has also been charged with having sex with a prostitute who is a minor, which carries a one-year sentence.
Taylor will be arraigned later today and has been “very cooperative,” said Christopher P. St. Lawrence, Ramapo’s town supervisor.
After the incident, which reportedly occurred around 1 a.m. this morning, Taylor allegedly paid the victim $300.
Taylor’s attorney said “We’re confident his innocence will be proven.”
Taylor has had several scrapes with the law, having been arrested in the 1990s on drug charges and most recently in November after leaving the scene of an accident.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Ouch!! Kanye West Bangs His Head Into Street Pole
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood