Lawrence Taylor Could Face Four Years In Prison For Alleged Rape
4:00 pm, May 6th, 2010UPDATE
Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor has been charged with rape in the third degree, or having sexual intercourse with a minor.
Taylor, a former New York Giants linebacker and “Dancing With The Stars” contestant, was arrested earlier today after allegedly raping an unnamed 16-year-old female at the Holiday Inn Holidome hotel in Suffern, New York.
If convicted, Taylor faces up to four years in prison. He has also been charged with having sex with a prostitute who is a minor, which carries a one-year sentence.
Taylor will be arraigned later today and has been “very cooperative,” said Christopher P. St. Lawrence, Ramapo’s town supervisor.
After the incident, which reportedly occurred around 1 a.m. this morning, Taylor allegedly paid the victim $300.
Taylor’s attorney said “We’re confident his innocence will be proven.”
Taylor has had several scrapes with the law, having been arrested in the 1990s on drug charges and most recently in November after leaving the scene of an accident.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related