Law & Order: SVU Episode to Combine Paula Deen, Trayvon Martin Plots: Report
4:56 pm, August 22nd, 2013
“Law & Order: SVU” will reportedly combine this summer’s Paula Deen and Trayvon Martin stories into one racially charged episode during the show’s upcoming 15th season.
Her character is said to justify the action as self-defense.
The reported plot seems to combine a character like Deen (whose admission that she used the N-word crippled her cooking empire) and George Zimmerman’s controversial fatal shooting of Martin in what he claimed to be self-defense.
“SVU” has long ripped stories from the headlines, including an episode last season that appeared to be a (very) thinly veiled take on Chris Brown and Rihanna’s complicated history.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!