Law & Order: SVU Episode to Combine Paula Deen, Trayvon Martin Plots: Report
4:56 pm, August 22nd, 2013
“Law & Order: SVU” will reportedly combine this summer’s Paula Deen and Trayvon Martin stories into one racially charged episode during the show’s upcoming 15th season.
Her character is said to justify the action as self-defense.
The reported plot seems to combine a character like Deen (whose admission that she used the N-word crippled her cooking empire) and George Zimmerman’s controversial fatal shooting of Martin in what he claimed to be self-defense.
“SVU” has long ripped stories from the headlines, including an episode last season that appeared to be a (very) thinly veiled take on Chris Brown and Rihanna’s complicated history.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank