Lauryn Hill Charged with Tax Evasion
3:31 pm, June 7th, 2012
Lauryn Hill has been charged with tax evasion.
Federal prosecutors say the Grammy-winning singer failed to file federal tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service on more than $1.6 million in earnings during 2005, 2006 and 2007.
She is set to appear before a magistrate on June 29 and faces a maximum penalty of one year in prison and $100,000 in fines for each count.
Hill rose to superstardom in the 1990s, first with The Fugees and then with the massive-selling solo effort “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,” before largely disappearing from public to raise a family.
She lives in New Jersey, where the government announced its case against her on Thursday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame
- Bare Faced Celebrities Without Makeup
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Demi Lovato's Funky And Fun Floral Bodysuit