Lauryn Hill Charged with Tax Evasion
3:31 pm, June 7th, 2012
Lauryn Hill has been charged with tax evasion.
Federal prosecutors say the Grammy-winning singer failed to file federal tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service on more than $1.6 million in earnings during 2005, 2006 and 2007.
She is set to appear before a magistrate on June 29 and faces a maximum penalty of one year in prison and $100,000 in fines for each count.
Hill rose to superstardom in the 1990s, first with The Fugees and then with the massive-selling solo effort “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,” before largely disappearing from public to raise a family.
She lives in New Jersey, where the government announced its case against her on Thursday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring