Larry Hagman Dies at 81
10:58 pm, November 23rd, 2012
“Dallas” star Larry Hagman has died.
He was 81.
The legendary TV actor passed away at a Dallas hospital on Friday afternoon from cancer complications.
“Larry was back in his beloved Dallas, re-enacting the iconic role he loved most,” his family says in a statement.
“Larry’s family and close friends had joined him in Dallas for the Thanksgiving holiday. When he passed, he was surrounded by loved ones.”
“It was a peaceful passing, just as he had wished for. The family requests privacy at this time,” the statement concludes.
Hagman, who revealed last year that he was battling throat cancer, had recovered enough to reprise his character J.R. Ewing on the TNT reboot of the classic series.
“Dallas” co-stars Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy were reportedly present when Hagman passed.
He is also best known for starring on the sitcom, “I Dream of Jeannie,” which aired for 5 seasons.
Hagman is survived by his wife of nearly 60 years, Maj, and their two children.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress