Larry Birkhead on Good Morning America: Dannielynn Asked, “Why Did Mommy Die”?
4:48 pm, June 18th, 2012VIDEO
Considering the tumult and tragedy into which she was born, Anna Nicole Smith’s five-year-old daughter, Dannielynn, seems remarkably happy and well-adjusted.
The adorable girl and her father, Larry Birkhead, appeared on Monday’s “Good Morning America,” where Larry told Robin Roberts about their lives in the years since Smith’s 2007 accidental overdose death.
Birkhead says he does his best to give Dannielynn a normal life, even with occasional paparazzi presence and the long shadow cast by Smith’s scandal-ridden life and death.
On a recent visit to the Bahamas, where her mother and half-brother Daniel — who also died of a drug overdose — are buried, Dannielynn asked her dad, “Why did mommy die?”
Birkhead recalls, “I said, ‘You know, [the] doctors couldn’t fix her. But if you’re good, you’ll get to see her someday.”
As for whether she’ll have a new “mommy,” Dannielynn’s fantasy seems like it’s probably shared by a lot of little girls.
“She’s thinking [I should marry] Lady Gaga,” explains Birkhead with a laugh.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring