Lance Bass: Harry Styles Was Set To Quit One Direction Before Zayn Malik (VIDEO)
Lance Bass says on Thursday’s “Meredith Vieira Show” that Harry Styles was planning on quitting One Direction before Zayn Malik left the group unexpectedly. “Harry Styles been ready to go solo for many months. In fact, he’s been recording solo and was about to leave,” claims Bass on the talk show. See the video below.
The former NSYNC singer alleges that Malik’s departure caught Styles off-guard. “The Zayn thing was just spur of the moment but I think the best move he could have ever done because everyone knows Harry. Harry Styles was a household name, my grandmother knows Harry Styles. Zayn Malik, didn’t really know the name until he was the first to leave the group. Kudos to him to being smart to leave.”
Despite Malik jumping ship, Bass believes the bandmates will remain friends to the end. “I think the guys are always going to be friends. They’re brothers,” he says. “They were put in a situation that they didn’t know they were going to be in. They were put together on a television show. That they lasted this long as a group is a surprise to me. Hopefully, the other four can go on and do some more music. I just see Harry leaving soon and I don’t see another One Direction album happening after he does.”
Contrary to Bass’ claims, One Direction’s camp has told Gossip Cop that reports about Styles working on a solo album are untrue, and that his individual work is actually for the band’s upcoming album. Additionally, as Gossip Cop previously reported, Simon Cowell said last week that Malik’s exit was not a total surprise. Watch the video below of Bass telling Meredith Vieira that Harry Styles is planning on leaving One Direction, and tell us what you think.