Lance Armstrong Retires from Cycling
8:46 am, February 16th, 2011
Lance Armstrong has retired again from professional cycling.
The 7-time Tour de France champion, who returned to the sport in 2009, plans to spend more time at the helm of LIVESTRONG, his cancer awareness foundation.
“Today, I am announcing my retirement from professional cycling in order to devote myself full-time to my family, to the fight against cancer and to leading the foundation I established before I won my first Tour de France,” said Armstrong in a statement.
“My focus now is raising my five children, promoting the mission of LIVESTRONG, and growing entrepreneurial ventures with our great corporate partners in the fight against cancer.”
Armstrong first retired in 2005 after his seventh consecutive Tour de France victory, but returned in 2009.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Hilary Duff Talks About Emotional Motherhood
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Does Kristen Stewart Look Different with Rob?