Lance Armstrong Retires from Cycling
8:46 am, February 16th, 2011
Lance Armstrong has retired again from professional cycling.
The 7-time Tour de France champion, who returned to the sport in 2009, plans to spend more time at the helm of LIVESTRONG, his cancer awareness foundation.
“Today, I am announcing my retirement from professional cycling in order to devote myself full-time to my family, to the fight against cancer and to leading the foundation I established before I won my first Tour de France,” said Armstrong in a statement.
“My focus now is raising my five children, promoting the mission of LIVESTRONG, and growing entrepreneurial ventures with our great corporate partners in the fight against cancer.”
Armstrong first retired in 2005 after his seventh consecutive Tour de France victory, but returned in 2009.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend