Lamar Odom to Play Development League Game; Gossip Sites Freak for No Reason
5:08 pm, March 2nd, 2012
Lamar Odom will play in a developmental league game before he returns to the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks – and sites like TMZ and HollywoodLife and Perez Hilton are blowing it WAY out of proportion.
Here’s what happened.
Khloe Kardashian’s husband, traded from the Los Angeles Lakers to Dallas before the season began, recently took a leave of absence from the team to attend to family issues.
On Friday, it was confirmed that Odom volunteered to suit up for the Texas Legends of the D-League as he prepares to rejoin the Mavericks.
The Legends are the Mavericks’ D-League affiliate, and the move is a temporary stop for Odom before he comes back to the NBA squad.
That’s the rather non-dramatic – but accurate – state of affairs.
But after TMZ and other outlets began using words like “DROPPED,” other webloids began spouting off about Odom without a clue what his assignment to the Legends actually means.
“Talk about a Kardashian Krisis!” shrieked HollywoodLife, wrongly claiming Odom was “traded” to the Legends.
Perez Hilton, meanwhile, cried, “Ugh! Such a bummer!” and said the move was “definitely a setback.”
But while it’s true that Odom has had a disappointing season in Dallas, it’s NOT true that he’s been permanently dropped by the Mavericks, as these sites imply.
Odom will play for the Legends – for now – and is then expected to rejoin his NBA team.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Miley Severed Justin & Selena's Relationship
- Farrah Abraham's New Face And Boobs
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious