Lady Gaga Opens Up About Bad Romance and Marriage Proposals
10:07 am, November 29th, 2011
For her January 2012 Vanity Fair cover story, Lady Gaga opens up about bad romance.
The pop star explains that it’s been especially difficult to find lasting love with other artists.
“I have this effect on people where it starts out good,” says Gaga. “Then, when I’m in these relationships with people who are also creative, or creative in their own way, what happens is the attraction is initially there and it’s all unicorns and rainbows. And then they hate me.”
She recalls one man telling her, “You will die alone in a house bigger than you know, with all your money and hit records, and you will die alone.”
But Gaga believes her wealth isn’t to blame.
“I think what it really is, is that I date creative people. And I think that what intimidates them is not my purse; it’s my mind,” she explains.
Taking stock of her romantic history, Gaga doesn’t believe she’s ever experienced absolute bliss.
“I have never felt truly cherished by a lover,” she tells the magazine. “I have an inability to know what happiness feels like with a man.”
Incredibly enough, her fans play a role in Gaga’s private decisions.
“I say this honestly, and this is my new thing as of the past year: when I fight with someone I’m in a relationship with, I think, ‘What would my fans think if they knew this was happening?”” she explains. “How would they feel about my work and about me as a female if they knew I was allowing this to go on? And then I get out.”
She says she received proposals after leaving previous boyfriends – but was less than impressed by the gesture.
“How f*ckin’ romantic, you assh*le. Sure, pop a ring on my finger and make it all better. I can buy myself a f*ckin’ ring.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet