Lady Gaga to Undergo Hip Surgery, Forced to Cancel Rest of Tour
7:57 pm, February 13th, 2013
Lady Gaga needs hip surgery, and has canceled the remainder of her Born This Way Ball tour.
The pop star, who revealed on Tuesday that she secretly suffered an injury more than a month ago that rendered her immobile this week, is battling a more significant condition than initially diagnosed.
“After additional tests this morning to review the severity of the issue, it has been determined that Lady Gaga has a labral tear of the right hip caused by strenuous repetitive movements in her performances,” it was announced on her site LittleMonsters.com.
The release notes that Gaga “will need surgery to repair the problem, followed by strict down time to recover.”
It was initially said that the singer was suffering from synovitis, an inflammation of the joints, prompting her to postpone concerts through Sunday.
The operation, however, ”unfortunately, will force her to cancel the tour, so she can heal,” read the statement, which adds that ”refunds for the cancelled performances will be available at point of purchase starting Feb 14, 2013.”
The tour was scheduled to run through March 20.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court