Lady Gaga Slams Russian Government: Stance on LGBT Community is “Criminal”
5:27 pm, August 5th, 2013
Lady Gaga tore into the Russian government for its stance on the LGBT community on Monday.
The singer, who returned to Twitter in advance of the release of her new album, ”ARTPOP,” tweeted, “Sending bravery to LGBTs in Russia. The rise in government abuse is archaic. Hosing teenagers with pepper spray? Beatings? Mother Russia?”
“The Russian government is criminal. Oppression will be met with revolution. Russian LGBTs you are not alone. We will fight for your freedom,” Gaga continued.
The singer even taunted Russian officials for not arresting her when she performed there a few months ago.
“Why didn’t you arrest me when you had the chance, Russia?” she wrote, adding, “Because you didn’t want answer to the world.”
What do you think of Gaga’s rant at the Russia government?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss