Lady Gaga Slams Russian Government: Stance on LGBT Community is “Criminal”
5:27 pm, August 5th, 2013
Lady Gaga tore into the Russian government for its stance on the LGBT community on Monday.
The singer, who returned to Twitter in advance of the release of her new album, ”ARTPOP,” tweeted, “Sending bravery to LGBTs in Russia. The rise in government abuse is archaic. Hosing teenagers with pepper spray? Beatings? Mother Russia?”
“The Russian government is criminal. Oppression will be met with revolution. Russian LGBTs you are not alone. We will fight for your freedom,” Gaga continued.
The singer even taunted Russian officials for not arresting her when she performed there a few months ago.
“Why didn’t you arrest me when you had the chance, Russia?” she wrote, adding, “Because you didn’t want answer to the world.”
What do you think of Gaga’s rant at the Russia government?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z