Lady Gaga’s Family’s Restaurant Joanne Trattoria Hit with Major Health Violations
5:09 pm, October 6th, 2012
The New York restaurant owned by Lady Gaga’s family has been hit with a number of violations by the Department of Health.
Joanne Trattoria was cited for eight separate sanitary infractions, including six “critical” ones, according to documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.
The Upper West Side eatery, which opened last February, is operated by Gaga’s parents Joseph and Cynthia Germanotta.
The October 2 inspection found problems such as inadequate “personal cleanliness,” a failure to protect food from a potential source of contamination, a worker not using the proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food, soiled wiping cloths, and insufficient washing of a food contact surface.
A restaurant given 28 violation points or more is typically awarded a “C” grade by officials.
Joanne Trattoria racked up 42 points, although it has not officially been assigned any grade yet.
Insert your own meat dress joke here.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank