Lady Gaga’s Family’s Restaurant Joanne Trattoria Hit with Major Health Violations
5:09 pm, October 6th, 2012
The New York restaurant owned by Lady Gaga’s family has been hit with a number of violations by the Department of Health.
Joanne Trattoria was cited for eight separate sanitary infractions, including six “critical” ones, according to documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.
The Upper West Side eatery, which opened last February, is operated by Gaga’s parents Joseph and Cynthia Germanotta.
The October 2 inspection found problems such as inadequate “personal cleanliness,” a failure to protect food from a potential source of contamination, a worker not using the proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food, soiled wiping cloths, and insufficient washing of a food contact surface.
A restaurant given 28 violation points or more is typically awarded a “C” grade by officials.
Joanne Trattoria racked up 42 points, although it has not officially been assigned any grade yet.
Insert your own meat dress joke here.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Mariah Carey World Tour In The Works?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?