Anti-Lady Gaga Rally Held in Philippines
10:28 am, May 18th, 2012
Dozens of teens in the Philippines held an anti-Lady Gaga rally in the capital city of Manila on Friday.
Chanting “Stop the Lady Gaga concerts,” the roughly 70 attendees were protesting the pop star’s upcoming shows, slated to take place on Monday and Tuesday.
The protesters, all members of the Christian group “Biblemode Youth Philippines,” said they objected to Gaga’s music, especially her song “Judas,” and wanted the concerts to be canceled.
The mayor of Pasay City, Antonino Calixto, said in a statement that he expects the shows to be held in accordance with government regulations.
“We reminded the producers of Lady Gaga’s concert that the show and the event as a whole shall not exhibit any nudity or lewd conduct which may be offensive to morals and good customs,” said Calixto.
If Gaga performs “Judas,” however, former Philippine Congressman Benny Abante said he will try to have charges filed against the singer for offending religion.
The penalty ranges from six months to six years in prison.
Another protest and a candlelight vigil are expected to be held Saturday, reports the Associated Press.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Gaga was recently forced to cancel her June 3 concert in Indonesia after government officials denied her a permit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Keith Urban Doesn't Want To Leave Idol
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles