Lady Gaga Fires Back at PETA: I Do Not Support “Violent” & “Childish” Campaigns
9:52 am, August 16th, 2012
In an open letter to Gaga, PETA suggested the pop star was a “turncoat” for going back on her views, and compared her to “the mindless Kim Kardashian,” who was infamously flour bombed by a animal rights activist.
Now, Gaga is firing back at the organization — and defending Kardashian as well.
In a post on her website LittleMonsters.com, Gaga writes to her fans, “I want you to know that I care deeply about your feelings and views, and I will always support your philosophies about life.”
She adds, “I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE.”
“Particularly one that I respect. ‘Animal Rights.’ I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypercritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, ‘kermit’ and not to mention meat, that I have already worn,” notes Gaga.
The “You and I” singer concludes, “I respect your views, please respect mine. And to campaigners, Save your flour to make bread for the children who are hungry. And Kim Kardashian is fabulous.”
What do you think about Gaga’s response to PETA?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?