Lady Gaga Fires Back at PETA: I Do Not Support “Violent” & “Childish” Campaigns
9:52 am, August 16th, 2012
In an open letter to Gaga, PETA suggested the pop star was a “turncoat” for going back on her views, and compared her to “the mindless Kim Kardashian,” who was infamously flour bombed by a animal rights activist.
Now, Gaga is firing back at the organization — and defending Kardashian as well.
In a post on her website LittleMonsters.com, Gaga writes to her fans, “I want you to know that I care deeply about your feelings and views, and I will always support your philosophies about life.”
She adds, “I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE.”
“Particularly one that I respect. ‘Animal Rights.’ I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypercritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, ‘kermit’ and not to mention meat, that I have already worn,” notes Gaga.
The “You and I” singer concludes, “I respect your views, please respect mine. And to campaigners, Save your flour to make bread for the children who are hungry. And Kim Kardashian is fabulous.”
What do you think about Gaga’s response to PETA?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet