Lady Gaga Fires Back at PETA: I Do Not Support “Violent” & “Childish” Campaigns
9:52 am, August 16th, 2012
In an open letter to Gaga, PETA suggested the pop star was a “turncoat” for going back on her views, and compared her to “the mindless Kim Kardashian,” who was infamously flour bombed by a animal rights activist.
Now, Gaga is firing back at the organization — and defending Kardashian as well.
In a post on her website LittleMonsters.com, Gaga writes to her fans, “I want you to know that I care deeply about your feelings and views, and I will always support your philosophies about life.”
She adds, “I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE.”
“Particularly one that I respect. ‘Animal Rights.’ I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypercritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, ‘kermit’ and not to mention meat, that I have already worn,” notes Gaga.
The “You and I” singer concludes, “I respect your views, please respect mine. And to campaigners, Save your flour to make bread for the children who are hungry. And Kim Kardashian is fabulous.”
What do you think about Gaga’s response to PETA?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Farrah Abraham's New Face And Boobs
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction