Lady Gaga Set to Perform at Obama Inaugural Ball, Joining Other Big Names
4:18 pm, January 19th, 2013
The pop star will perform at the private Inaugural Ball for White House staffers, a source tells the Associated Press.
She is just one of many star musicians set to contribute to Inaugural activities spread out over several days.
Beyonce is slated to sing the national anthem at the ceremonial swearing-in ceremony on Monday, with Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor expected to contribute “My Country Tis of Thee” and “America the Beautiful.”
Meanwhile, artists including Alicia Keys, Brad Paisley, Usher and Katy Perry have been invited to perform at official events that begin with Saturday’s National Day of Service Summit and Kids’ Inaugural Concert and conclude with the two official balls on Inauguration Day on Monday.
Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, John Legend, Marc Anthony, and “Glee” cast members will also be featured at various times.
Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will officially be sworn in on Sunday, in accord with the Constitutionally mandated January 20 date.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted