Lady Gaga Set to Perform at Obama Inaugural Ball, Joining Other Big Names
4:18 pm, January 19th, 2013
The pop star will perform at the private Inaugural Ball for White House staffers, a source tells the Associated Press.
She is just one of many star musicians set to contribute to Inaugural activities spread out over several days.
Beyonce is slated to sing the national anthem at the ceremonial swearing-in ceremony on Monday, with Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor expected to contribute “My Country Tis of Thee” and “America the Beautiful.”
Meanwhile, artists including Alicia Keys, Brad Paisley, Usher and Katy Perry have been invited to perform at official events that begin with Saturday’s National Day of Service Summit and Kids’ Inaugural Concert and conclude with the two official balls on Inauguration Day on Monday.
Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, John Legend, Marc Anthony, and “Glee” cast members will also be featured at various times.
Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will officially be sworn in on Sunday, in accord with the Constitutionally mandated January 20 date.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Lorde & Boyfriend Cyberbullied In Racist, Meanest Way
- Britney Spears Flaunts Her Legs in Short Shorts