Lady Gaga Gained Weight Because… She Has Lupus?!
12:23 pm, September 27th, 2012
According to the mag, the singer “has a family history of the auto-immune disease lupus, and insiders worry she’s secretly taking medication that’s caused her to blow up like a balloon.”
A so-called “source” for the tabloid says, “Two years ago, Gaga admitted on Larry King’s show that she tested borderline positive for the disease.”
The purported “insider” adds, “She said she wasn’t showing any symptoms, but her aunt Joanne died from lupus and the steroids prescribed to help keep the condition in check can easily lead to extra weight.”
“That’s why everybody is so worried about Gaga’s sudden weight gain,” explains the source, noting, “She’s always been obsessed with her appearance, so you know that something is terribly wrong.”
Actually, it’s this story that’s terribly wrong.
Gaga has attributed her extra pounds to simply letting herself indulge in Italian food — and she’s not bothered by her fuller figure one bit.
The singer even recently shared photos of herself posing in just a bra and underwear on her website as part of what she labeled her “A Body Revolution 2013″ campaign for acceptance.
In any case, a rep for Gaga tells Gossip Cop that claims she gained weight because of lupus or any other medical condition are completely “untrue.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents