Lady Gaga “in Talks” to Become Lead Singer of Queen?
8:16 pm, October 6th, 2011
“Lady Gaga in talks to become new singer of Queen,” reads the headline of a story on NME‘s website.
The music mag’s blog, picking up a story from the Daily Express, quotes Queen guitarist Brian May as saying the group is “in talks” with Lady Gaga in an effort to solve “the singer problem” the band has had since splitting with Paul Rodgers in 2009.
The band’s most famous frontman, of course, was Freddie Mercury, who died 20 years ago.
According to May, who played on Gaga’s song “You and I,” the band has talked about “going out on the road all the time but there’s a bit of a singer problem to put it mildly… I worked with Lady Gaga and she’s very creative and is someone we’ve talked about singing, fronting the band with. She’s not just a singer, she writes her own material.”
So, is Gaga going to lead the group in “We Are the Champions” and “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
A rep for Lady Gaga tells Gossip Cop exclusively that the reports are “not true.”
Another bad rumor bites the dust.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- Kanye West at Philly's Morning Show