Lady Gaga Sued For Allegedly Ripping Off “Judas”
4:17 pm, August 5th, 2011
Lady Gaga has just been sued in federal court for allegedly ripping off a 1999 song named “Juda” for her own tune, “Judas.”
A singer by the name of Rebecca Francescatti alleges that the similarities may stem from her former bass player, Brian Gaynor, being an employee of a company that wrote nearly a dozen and half songs that made it onto Gaga’s “Born This Way” album.
Francescatti’s lawyer told TMZ, “Though the songs are different styles, the composition is the same and the chorus is the same melody… [Francescatti] is seeking recognition for what she created.”
Lady Gaga’s camp has yet to comment on the suit.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Selfie Advice
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young