Lady Gaga Visits Julian Assange, Controversial WikiLeaks Founder (PHOTO)
10:39 am, October 9th, 2012
According to reports, the singer spent about five hours with the embattled Assange, who has been holed up in the building since June while claiming political asylum.
Gaga’s reasons for visiting Assange are not entirely clear, although the visit came after fellow performer M.I.A. tweeted to Gaga on Sunday, “if ur at harrods today, come visit Assange at the Ecuador embassy across the st. im there. ill bring TEA and CAKE.”
It’s not been confirmed whether M.I.A. was on hand for Gaga’s face-to-face with Assange.
Gaga is said to have entered the embassy around 7:00 p.m., leaving shortly after midnight.
Assange is at the embassy to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he’s wanted for questioning on sexual abuse allegations.
His legal team fears that Sweden would subsequently send him to the United States, where his leaking of secret documents and cables has posed problems for the government.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Khaki And Casual Combat Style With Demi Lovato
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down