Lady Gaga Visits Julian Assange, Controversial WikiLeaks Founder (PHOTO)
10:39 am, October 9th, 2012
According to reports, the singer spent about five hours with the embattled Assange, who has been holed up in the building since June while claiming political asylum.
Gaga’s reasons for visiting Assange are not entirely clear, although the visit came after fellow performer M.I.A. tweeted to Gaga on Sunday, “if ur at harrods today, come visit Assange at the Ecuador embassy across the st. im there. ill bring TEA and CAKE.”
It’s not been confirmed whether M.I.A. was on hand for Gaga’s face-to-face with Assange.
Gaga is said to have entered the embassy around 7:00 p.m., leaving shortly after midnight.
Assange is at the embassy to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he’s wanted for questioning on sexual abuse allegations.
His legal team fears that Sweden would subsequently send him to the United States, where his leaking of secret documents and cables has posed problems for the government.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss