Lady Gaga Banned in Indonesia For Being “Vulgar”
10:09 am, May 15th, 2012
Lady Gaga has been forced to cancel her June 3 show in Indonesia amid fierce opposition from Muslim groups and political leaders who claim she could corrupt young concert goers.
The “Born This Way Ball” was set to have its biggest show to date at Jakarta’s Gelora Bung Karno stadium next month, with the 52,000-seat venue quickly selling out.
But religious hard-liners in the country contend that Gaga’s provocative dances and outfits are too “dangerous” an influence to allow, and the national police have now denied a permit for the concert.
One local conservative group calls Gaga “vulgar” and argues, “She stated she is the envoy of the devil’s child and that she will spread satanic teaching.”
It’s not the first time the singer has met with resistance from government officials on the Asian leg of her tour.
Gaga’s opening “Born This Way Ball” show, on April 27 in South Korea, was restricted to fans over 18 years old.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'