Lady Gaga Banned in Indonesia For Being “Vulgar”
10:09 am, May 15th, 2012
Lady Gaga has been forced to cancel her June 3 show in Indonesia amid fierce opposition from Muslim groups and political leaders who claim she could corrupt young concert goers.
The “Born This Way Ball” was set to have its biggest show to date at Jakarta’s Gelora Bung Karno stadium next month, with the 52,000-seat venue quickly selling out.
But religious hard-liners in the country contend that Gaga’s provocative dances and outfits are too “dangerous” an influence to allow, and the national police have now denied a permit for the concert.
One local conservative group calls Gaga “vulgar” and argues, “She stated she is the envoy of the devil’s child and that she will spread satanic teaching.”
It’s not the first time the singer has met with resistance from government officials on the Asian leg of her tour.
Gaga’s opening “Born This Way Ball” show, on April 27 in South Korea, was restricted to fans over 18 years old.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled