Lady Gaga: “People Disrespected My Body, My Mind, My Heart”
12:16 pm, September 12th, 2013PHOTO
The singer tells the mag, “I am — Stefani is — a perpetually tortured artist. That’s why I changed my name. I can’t be her in public. She would be a mess!”
On people questioning the authenticity of her stories about her youth, Gaga offers, “Everyone is so cynical — that I can’t purely love my fans, or share an honest story about my past, without someone asking me if I really, truly struggled.”
“Do you know how much dirt I ate? Do you know the men I had to crawl through, the people that disrespected my body, my mind, my heart?” shares the star.
As for how she went about recreating herself after her hip surgery, Gaga reveals, “I went to look back to myself being 19, with all my Warhol books and all my Yoko Ono and John Lennon CDs, my Rolling Stones CDs and my Bowie… and I said, what would she want me to do right now?”
The issue hits newsstand on September 24.
What do you think of Gaga’s latest interview?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted