Lady Gaga Sends Gifts to School Shooting Victim Daniel Borowy
1:59 pm, December 20th, 2012
The singer surprised the 17-year-old with a package including an autographed message and tickets to an upcoming concert.
Borowy, who has Down syndrome, was hit when a fellow student opened fire in the cafeteria back on August 27.
After the shooting, a social media campaign was launched to entice Gaga to visit Borowy in the hospital.
He was released in September, but his story caught the pop star’s attention, and on Wednesday, Borowy’s father Milton posted an update to the “Lady Gaga Please Visit Daniel” Facebook page:
I would like to start by thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Daniel. With everything that is going on I was waiting for an appropriate time to share this information and feel that maybe we need some good news! With that said I would like to share that he has received a package from Lady Gaga. It is pretty cool that someone in her position took the time to make a complete stranger happy.. The package included T shirts, cd’s, a persoanlly autographed message to Danny, a picture and 2 tickets to her upcoming concert.. ( I believe they are front row) To see the smile on his face is overwhelming.. Thank you Lady Gaga and thank you to everyone who had a hand in making this happen!!
Borowy’s recovery has been good, and he’s returned to school.
In light of recent events, positive news like this is needed more than ever.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Khaki And Casual Combat Style With Demi Lovato
- Lily Aldridge's Beach Bag Must-Haves
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever