Lady Gaga: I Used To Be Bulimic
7:47 pm, February 9th, 2012
Lady Gaga has revealed that she was bulimic in high school.
The singer talked about her teenage struggle with the eating disorder while taking questions after an interview with Maria Shriver at the “It’s Our Turn” young women’s conference in Los Angeles.
According to reports, a student addressed Gaga by saying, “I struggle with body issues, and I know you’re so confident in the way you dress. And I am wondering how you deal with such issues?”
Gaga responded: “I used to throw up all the time in high school. So I’m not that confident. And maybe it’s easier for me to talk about it now because I don’t do it anymore.”
She stopped because of the damage it was doing to her voice.
“The acid on your vocal chords – it’s very bad,” explained the “Born This Way” superstar. “But for those of you who don’t sing, you maybe don’t have that excuse until it’s too late. It’s very dangerous.”
The pop star emphasized that pop cultural images don’t reflect reality.
“Every video I’m in, every magazine cover… they stretch you, they make you perfect,” Gaga told the crowd. “It’s not real life. I’m gonna say this about girls: The dieting wars have got to stop. Everyone just knock it off. Because at the end of the day, it’s affecting kids your age. And it’s making girls sick.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids