Lady Gaga Calls Bradley Manning Sentence “Devastating”
1:15 pm, August 21st, 2013
“The news of Bradley Manning’s sentencing is devastating,” tweeted Gaga. “If our own can’t speak up about injustice who will? How will we ever move forward?”
Manning was responsible for one of the largest leaks in American military history, giving WikiLeaks classified reports and cables that the organization then distributed online.
His case became a focal point in the escalating debate over government secrecy, and the conflict between security and transparency.
In an interesting wrinkle, Manning reportedly said back in 2010 that he “listened and lip-synced to Lady Gaga’s ‘Telephone’ while exfiltrating possibly the largest data spillage in American history.”
What do you think about Gaga’s support of Manning?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails