Lady Gaga Calls Bradley Manning Sentence “Devastating”
1:15 pm, August 21st, 2013
“The news of Bradley Manning’s sentencing is devastating,” tweeted Gaga. “If our own can’t speak up about injustice who will? How will we ever move forward?”
Manning was responsible for one of the largest leaks in American military history, giving WikiLeaks classified reports and cables that the organization then distributed online.
His case became a focal point in the escalating debate over government secrecy, and the conflict between security and transparency.
In an interesting wrinkle, Manning reportedly said back in 2010 that he “listened and lip-synced to Lady Gaga’s ‘Telephone’ while exfiltrating possibly the largest data spillage in American history.”
What do you think about Gaga’s support of Manning?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z