Lady Gaga Calls Bradley Manning Sentence “Devastating”
1:15 pm, August 21st, 2013
“The news of Bradley Manning’s sentencing is devastating,” tweeted Gaga. “If our own can’t speak up about injustice who will? How will we ever move forward?”
Manning was responsible for one of the largest leaks in American military history, giving WikiLeaks classified reports and cables that the organization then distributed online.
His case became a focal point in the escalating debate over government secrecy, and the conflict between security and transparency.
In an interesting wrinkle, Manning reportedly said back in 2010 that he “listened and lip-synced to Lady Gaga’s ‘Telephone’ while exfiltrating possibly the largest data spillage in American history.”
What do you think about Gaga’s support of Manning?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids