Lady Gaga Launches ‘Born This Way Foundation’ With Help From Oprah Winfrey
8:04 pm, February 29th, 2012
The foundation, whose president is Gaga’s mother Cynthia Germanotta, seeks tolerance and putting an end to bullying.
Speaking to more than 1,000 students, faculty and guests on what she called “one of the best days of my life,” the singer said, “I believe that if you have revolutionary potential, you must make the world a better place and use it.”
She added, “The goal is to challenge meanness and cruelty by inspiring young people to create a support system in their respective communities.”
In addition to working with social media, Gaga revealed a “Born Brave Bus” will follow her “Born This Way Ball” tour later this year, on which fans and supporters can gather to talk about issues related to “acceptance” and “kindness.”
“I want this to be an organization where you all feel involved,” she told the crowd.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?