Lady Gaga Launches ‘Born This Way Foundation’ With Help From Oprah Winfrey
8:04 pm, February 29th, 2012
The foundation, whose president is Gaga’s mother Cynthia Germanotta, seeks tolerance and putting an end to bullying.
Speaking to more than 1,000 students, faculty and guests on what she called “one of the best days of my life,” the singer said, “I believe that if you have revolutionary potential, you must make the world a better place and use it.”
She added, “The goal is to challenge meanness and cruelty by inspiring young people to create a support system in their respective communities.”
In addition to working with social media, Gaga revealed a “Born Brave Bus” will follow her “Born This Way Ball” tour later this year, on which fans and supporters can gather to talk about issues related to “acceptance” and “kindness.”
“I want this to be an organization where you all feel involved,” she told the crowd.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Vinny Guadagnino: My Mom Is a Star
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Cher Lloyd Looks Bow-tiful On Red Carpet
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?