Lady Gaga Donates $1 Million to Hurricane Sandy Red Cross Relief Efforts
1:14 pm, November 7th, 2012
Lady Gaga has donated $1 million to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts by the American Red Cross.
The singer made the announcement on her Little Monsters website on Wednesday.
“Today I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief. If it wasn’t for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today,” wrote Gaga.
She continued, “New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion. Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, and my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us.”
Gaga concluded, “Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours.”
Even if you don’t have $1 million to spare, EVERY dollar matters — Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to Sandy relief efforts, or CLICK HERE.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?