The Possession Scares Up Weekend Win
8:37 am, September 2nd, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Possession, inspired by a “true story” about demons, won the sluggish Labor Day Weekend box office.
The horror film earned the top spot with $22.8 million for the extended four-day period.
Coming in second was another new release, Lawless, starring Tom Hardy and Shia LaBeouf as Prohibition-era bootleggers.
The film took in $14.3 million, which was enough to beat third place finisher, action star bonanza The Expendables 2, with $11.5 million in ticket sales.
Fourth and fifth places went to The Bourne Legacy and ParaNorman, with $9.5 million and $9 million, respectively.
Rounding out the top 10 were family movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green ($8.3 million), The Dark Knight Rises ($8.1 million), political comedy The Campaign ($7.4 million), anti-Obama documentary 2016: Obama’s America ($7.1 million), and Hope Springs ($6.2 million).
What did you see this holiday weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri