Kristy McNichol of Empty Nest: I’m Gay
4:38 pm, January 6th, 2012
Twenty years after leaving Hollywood behind, Kristy McNichol is returning to the spotlight to reveal a big secret.
The former “Family” star is publicly coming out in hopes of inspiring youth who feel they cannot do the same.
McNichol is “very sad about kids being bullied,” says her rep.
He adds, “She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different.”
McNichol, also remembered for her role on the sitcom “Empty Nest,” has quietly been living with her partner of 20 years, Martie Allen.
Despite the Emmy winner’s decision to reveal her sexual orientation, her publicist says the “happy and healthy” star prefers “living a very private life.”
McNichol herself tells People, it was finally time “be open about who I am.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Miley Cyrus Is Still Sticking To Feminist Claim
- Sarah Silverman Gives Ex Jimmy Kimmel's Stuff Back
- Pamela Anderson Debuts Super Short Haircut
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries