Kristy McNichol of Empty Nest: I’m Gay
4:38 pm, January 6th, 2012
Twenty years after leaving Hollywood behind, Kristy McNichol is returning to the spotlight to reveal a big secret.
The former “Family” star is publicly coming out in hopes of inspiring youth who feel they cannot do the same.
McNichol is “very sad about kids being bullied,” says her rep.
He adds, “She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different.”
McNichol, also remembered for her role on the sitcom “Empty Nest,” has quietly been living with her partner of 20 years, Martie Allen.
Despite the Emmy winner’s decision to reveal her sexual orientation, her publicist says the “happy and healthy” star prefers “living a very private life.”
McNichol herself tells People, it was finally time “be open about who I am.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court