Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy Surgeon Kristi Funk: Star Wanted “Perfect Timing”
1:44 pm, August 17th, 2013
Dr. Kristi Funk tells Los Angeles Magazine that Jolie ”waited to find the perfect timing in her personal and professional life, but I think most importantly in her soul” to go public with her health status.
“She is intensely private, but she calculated the moment when she would be ready to reveal something so personal,” explains Funk.
She tells the magazine, ”When someone who is arguably the most beautiful woman in the world removes the part of her body that is symbolic of femininity and sexuality, you have to say, ‘Why would she do that?’”
Funk credits Jolie’s humanitarianism as the reason for going public.
“She knew always that in her philanthropic core she couldn’t keep this a secret and be who she is,” explains the doctor. “She always knew.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress