Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy Surgeon Kristi Funk: Star Wanted “Perfect Timing”
1:44 pm, August 17th, 2013
Dr. Kristi Funk tells Los Angeles Magazine that Jolie ”waited to find the perfect timing in her personal and professional life, but I think most importantly in her soul” to go public with her health status.
“She is intensely private, but she calculated the moment when she would be ready to reveal something so personal,” explains Funk.
She tells the magazine, ”When someone who is arguably the most beautiful woman in the world removes the part of her body that is symbolic of femininity and sexuality, you have to say, ‘Why would she do that?’”
Funk credits Jolie’s humanitarianism as the reason for going public.
“She knew always that in her philanthropic core she couldn’t keep this a secret and be who she is,” explains the doctor. “She always knew.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank