Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Rumors – Separating Fact From Fiction, Part 6
In the last few weeks the rumor mill has been insane with stories about Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. From sensationalistic stories to flat-out fabrications, outlets have been busy trying to capitalize on a topic they seem to know very little about.
Gossip Cop, however, has put accuracy first from the start, choosing to deliver facts instead of fiction. Here is the latest we’ve learned from our impeccable inside sources about what’s true and what’s not.
(1) Jezebel ran a long item from an alleged “insider” who claimed to have “information” about Pattinson supposedly having cheated on Stewart repeatedly with different women for a long time. But it wound up being just long list of old, recycled false rumors, which Gossip Cop had previously debunked. Bottom line: The entire story was UNTRUE, and there’s no evidence whatsoever Pattinson was unfaithful.
(2) Oddly, that wholly untrue story was followed up by an even more outrageous report by Gather, which claimed Pattinson is a “bisexual serial cheater,” whose “affairs” may have driven Stewart to stray. WHAT?! The site, which could conceivably end up with a slander suit on its hands, wrote that the actor’s purported “extra-relationship sexual conquests included men as well, two of whom were his Twilight Saga co-stars.” ENOUGH. That story is ENTIRELY NOT TRUE. Pattinson is NOT “bisexual” nor a “serial cheater.”
(3) But that wasn’t the end of outlets wrongly linking Pattinson romantically. OK!, whose reporting is often far less than OK, breathlessly reported that the Cosmopolis star “may not be as heartbroken as everyone has assumed” since he was supposedly spotted out with a “mystery blonde woman” in New York City. The only mystery is how OK! could be so clueless. The blonde woman by Pattinson’s side was simply his agent, Stephanie Ritz. They are NOT romantically involved.
(4) Moving right along, the National Enquirer stepped in with an article titled, “Robert Pattinson’s love life is looking up — thanks to new buddy Leonardo DiCaprio. According to the tabloid, DiCaprio invited Pattinson “on a guys’ getaway” at a “mansion at a secret location so he and his pals can party in private.” Here’s what’s right about the Enquirer story: The spellings of Pattinson and DiCaprio’s names. Here’s what’s wrong: Everything else. A DiCaprio pal told Gossip Cop it is all MADE UP.
(5) Amid all the BS written about Pattinson this past week, Gossip Cop was able to confirm that the handsome actor was offered the role of Lawrence of Arabia in the upcoming film Queen of the Desert, starring Naomi Watts as Lawrence’s friend, English writer Gertrude Bell. We’re told the film is slated to begin production in the fall.
(6) What would scandal stories be like without a link to Lindsay Lohan? In one of the odder stories of the past week, X17Online reported that Stewart has lately “been partying” with Lohan, and that the two “were seen together at a house party… in Huntington Beach.” Either X17Online’s sources should get better glasses or be better liars because the whole story was a complete fabrication. A Stewart pal assures Gossip Cop she was not at a house party, and most assuredly not with Lohan.
(7) A common theme over the last few days has been about Stewart getting “dumped.” Grazia said the actress was “dumped” by Balenciaga — in the wake of her indiscretion — and noted as proof that she wasn’t featured in a video for the fragrance Florabotanica. For starters, Stewart had never been slated to be in the video. More importantly, the video for the fragrance came out a week before the scandal even broke. As a source at Balenciaga told Gossip Cop, the story is 100 PERCENT NOT TRUE.
(8) That story was followed up by a Hollywood Reporter piece that claimed Stewart was “dropped from Snow White sequel plans.” The generally reliable site wrote, “Stewart will not be invited to return if the follow-up goes forward.” A well-placed insider, however, said the report was false. We’re told that Stewart “hasn’t been dropped,” and that “there isn’t a script” yet, so it’s impossible to know for sure which characters will be included in future installments. Gossip Cop hears that even if a future film focuses more on the “Huntsman,” Stewart’s “Snow White” character will still be in the film.
(9) And while outlets were dumping on Stewart, her friend and Panic Room co-star Jodie Foster came to her defense on The Daily Beast, and slammed the obsessive way the media and paparazzi have fixated on the Twilight star. She wrote, “We’ve all seen the headlines at the check-out counter. ‘Kristen Stewart Caught’… But we seldom consider the childhoods we unknowingly destroy in the process.” She added that she “grew to love” a young Stewart while working together, and noted that because of the new “hunting season” mentality of outlets, “If I were a young actor today I would quit before I started.”
(10) Finally, there was a lot of buzz about a potential Stewart-Pattinson run-in at the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards. Gossip Cop, however, was the first to report there will be NO awkward encounter between the Twilight stars. Sources confirmed to us that Stewart will be at the Toronto International Film Festival — not at the VMAs in Los Angeles — to do press for On The Road. Meanwhile, MTV sources told Gossip Cop that Pattinson was NEVER confirmed to attend the awards. Should he end up going, a decision will only be made several days before the event. Regardless, DO NOT count on the two crossing paths at the VMAs.
And maybe the tabloid writers should be more careful when they cross paths with Gossip Cop. Regardless, as the media continues to sensationalize and fabricate drama about and between Stewart and Pattinson, Gossip Cop will remain on the beat, separating fact from fiction.