Kristen Stewart Quotes Twisted Into Sensationalized Rupert Sanders Story
1:54 pm, December 31st, 2012
Kristen Stewart’s words have been twisted once again.
According to The Sun, “Kristen’s still in a Stew over director dalliance.”
The accompanying article claims that the Twilight actress says “everyone laughed at her” following her indiscretion with Rupert Sanders.
“I feel like I’m in the sixth grade and everyone in the room is laughing at me,” Stewart is quoted as saying, purportedly in the context of the Sanders situation.
Except that’s NOT AT ALL what Stewart’s remarks referenced.
As Gossip Cop reported, the actress recently spoke to USA Today — where The Sun lifted the quotes, failing to give attribution — and Stewart was talking generally about formal press appearances when she made the “sixth grade” comparison.
But apparently a careful reading of the interview is less attractive to The Sun than publishing a sensationalized, inaccurate version.
Sadly, posting false Stewart stories is nothing new for The Sun.
We’re not too hopeful about things being different in 2013.
NOTE: The discourse in the comments section on recent stories about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart has occasionally sunk to nasty personal attacks and ugly language that adds little to the conversation. We’d like our site to be a place where people can show passion while still being civil. Please be respectful of fellow commenters. Also, spamming is NOT allowed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents