Kristen Stewart “I Want to Quit Acting” Headline Is Completely Misleading
3:47 pm, February 3rd, 2012
It’s a big day for splashy, misleading headlines on HollywoodLife!
Shortly after spreading the idea that Selena Gomez had hinted at a split with Justin Bieber (when she very clearly had not), the site posted the headline, “Kristen Stewart Interview: I Want To Quit Acting.”
That sounds like big news.
Did the Twilight star drop the bombshell in her upcoming Vanity Fair profile?
Um… not exactly.
The “quit acting” comment is actually from an interview Stewart gave to the magazine way back in April 2007 – when she was just 17.
At the time, Stewart said, “I want to go to college for literature. I want to be a writer. I mean, I love what I do, but it’s not all I want to do – be a professional liar for the rest of my life.”
That’s what she said – nearly five years ago.
She never announced, “I want to quit acting,” or anything even remotely like it.
Just because the quote is, apparently, new to HollywoodLife, it doesn’t mean it’s news.
It’s completely misleading to post a story implying that Stewart just gave an interview in which she says she wants to quit acting… by using a years-old comment in which she merely says “it’s not all I want to do.”
Then again, HollywoodLife is happy to sensationalize non-stories about Stewart into drama.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West