Kristen Stewart: Haters Don’t Stop Me
12:45 pm, December 17th, 2012
Kristen Stewart has no intention of letting other people’s opinions define her.
“It’s not a terrible thing if you’re either loved or hated. But honestly, I don’t care ’cause it doesn’t keep me from doing my sh*t. And I apologize to everyone for making them so angry. It was not my intention,” she tells Newsweek in a new profile highlighting Stewart’s “refusal to kowtow to the celebrity-industrial complex.”
The actress is trying to cope with the media scrutiny that’s come with superstardom, essentially ending her ability to walk around freely.
She says, “It’s a little annoying having to be so compartmentalized. I go from box to box to box. Like right now, this is so crazy ’cause we’re out at a restaurant.”
“But I’m going out a lot more now,” adds Stewart. “I was starting to get closed off and self-conscious, and I’m trudging forth into the world more often.”
As for the just-completed movie franchise that made her one of the most famous stars in the world, Stewart says, “The only relief when it comes to Twilight is that the story is done. I start every project to finish the motherf**ker, and to extend that [mentality] over a five-year period adapting all of these treasured moments over four books, it was constantly worrying.”
Asked whether she’s pigeonholed by the Bella Swan role, Stewart echoes her earlier point about independence, remarking, “But as long as people’s perspective of me doesn’t keep me from doing what I want to do, it doesn’t matter.”
NOTE: The discourse in the comments section on recent stories about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart has occasionally sunk to nasty personal attacks and ugly language that adds little to the conversation. We’d like our site to be a place where people can show passion while still being civil. Please be respectful of fellow commenters. Also, spamming is NOT allowed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties