MTV Gets “F” for Grading Fake Kristen Stewart New Year “Resolution” As Real
11:00 pm, January 2nd, 2011
In 2011, MTV should resolve to be more careful when it passes judgment.
The outlet was so eager to needle Kristen Stewart in a piece “grading” celebrities on their old New Year’s resolutions, it used a fake new “resolution” another site jokingly suggested for Stewart as though it were the real thing.
Here’s Stewart’s supposed quote: “I resolve not to resent all of the hatred that’s sent my way, and to remember that it’s only borne out of jealousy, because I am the luckiest girl in the whole, wide world.”
In case it’s not obvious, those worlds are not actually Stewart’s.
They’re part of a slideshow of “totally made up suggestions” for resolutions for 2011 put together recently by Celebuzz.
If MTV had bothered to check where the Stewart “quote” originated, they’d know it was part of the same feature in which Zac Efron “resolves” to “hook up with only half of the available females in the world” and Snooki “resolves” not to tan to the point of looking like “a traffic cone.”
In other words – completely fake.
Instead, MTV graded the comment as though Stewart made it herself – at the beginning of 2010. Claiming the actress “still seems to be carrying around a lot of resentment,” the site gives her a “D” on fulfilling her alleged “resolution.”
Gossip Cop resolves to keep separating fact from fiction – and good celeb reporting from bad celeb reporting – as we enter 2011.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents