Kristen Bell Reaches $2 Million Goal for Veronica Mars Movie in Just 10 Hours
8:27 pm, March 13th, 2013UPDATED
Kristen Bell is feverishly trying to get a “Veronica Mars” movie off the ground — with some help from the TV’s show devoted fans.
And it looks like it just might happen.
The actress, who starred on the cult fave from 2004 to 2007, and show creator Rob Thomas launched a Kickstarter campaign Wednesday morning with the goal of raising $2 million in 30 days to fund the project.
They surpassed the goal in just 10 hours.
“I love you guys. You are all SO spectacular. I am speechless,” Bell tweeted afterward.
Now Warner Bros. is expected to follow through on its promise to handle distribution and publicity, in exchange for raising the cash.
The low-budget movie would start production this summer, and hit theaters in 2014 for a short time, before getting released on digital platforms.
To entice viewers to donate, Bell and Thomas pledged rewards for certain amounts, ranging from a copy of the script for $10 to a role in the film for $10,000.
Check out the cast’s video below, and tell us if you’re still going to donate.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down To A String Bikini
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- Rihanna Keeps It Casual Courtside
- Advice Us Parents Wish We Could Give These Celebs