Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell Call for Boycott of Mags That Pay for Photos of Celeb Kids
1:35 pm, January 27th, 2014
On Monday, the “Parenthood” star — and dad of daughter Lincoln — took to Twitter with a plea.
“Please boycott magazines that run pics of ‘celebrity children.’ They shouldn’t be punished for who their parents are,” he tweeted.
Shepard went on, “Children shouldn’t be stalked. #boycottusweekly #boycottstar #boycottpeople #boycottintouch #boycottboycottboycott.”
When a follower pointed out that some stars probably like the attention from the paparazzi and even orchestrate it, the actor rejected the tweeter’s “cynical view.”
“I can tell you me and my friends do everything in our power to prevent it,” noted Shepard.
And Bell herself later wrote on Twitter, “I wont do interviews 4 entities that pay photogs to take pics of my baby anymore. I care more about my integrity & my values than my career.”
“The ‘look at the celebs kid at the park!’ teaches us a disengaged voyeurism. think abt how being followed by photos all day effects THE KID,” she went on.
The “House of Lies” star explained, “Now think about how you play the MOST NECESSARY role in the sad chain of events-the consumer. Things won’t change till the consumer does.”
The couple, of course, is the not the first to share their frustrations.
Last year, Christina Applegate slammed Perez Hilton for posting paparazzi photos of her daughter; Ben Affleck called the process “disgusting;” and Kourtney Kardashian was swarmed by photographers until her baby girl ended up in tears.
Similarly, Kylie Jenner said their should be a law against photographing children under 18, Jennifer Garner and Halle Berry testified on behalf of a protection bill, and Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy ranted about strangers profiting off their kids.
What do you think of Shepard and Bell’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank