Kris Humphries Suing Kim Kardashian for $10 Million?
11:35 am, November 23rd, 2011
The mag’s cover story this week claims Humphries is “cruelly preparing to sue his estranged wife and her family, if needed, for $10 million and unveil their most private secrets in the process.”
What exactly is he suing her for?
Life & Style isn’t really sure.
Still, that doesn’t stop a so-called “insider” for the tabloid from saying, “Kris has a legal team investigating his options.”
What the alleged “insider” does offer is that Humphries is supposedly “claiming his role on ‘Kourtney & Kim Take New York’ is bigger than he was told, and that’s why he wants more money.”
He’s also reportedly suing Kardashian because of “how badly he’s going to be portrayed on the series,” notes the source.
While it’s too late to stop the show’s premiere, which airs this coming Sunday, the mag says Humphries “is trying his hardest to prevent the most inflammatory moments from being broadcast.”
OK, but once again, how is this the basis for a lawsuit?
The tabloid consults a random lawyer who tells them, “If Kim had Kris sign a prenup knowing she’d ditch him after she got a TV show and a wedding special out of him… that’s fraud.”
And Humphries could also supposedly “assert claims for loss of earnings” if the so-called “damaging” E! footage “prevents him from being hired for future events.”
Sorry, but this makes little sense.
First of all, Kardashian didn’t know all along she was going to divorce Humphries, despite various conspiracy theories, so the possibility of him successfully suing on the basis of fraud is nil.
Also, Humphries knew quite well he was being filmed for a reality show, so suing because of the “inflammatory” clips (which include him passing gas in sister-in-law Kourtney‘s face) is also not feasible.
Oh, and there’s one more thing wrong with Life & Style‘s story.
Humphries is NOT suing Kardashian.
A source close to the basketball player tells Gossip Cop, “This is completely false.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank