Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce
7:35 pm, December 16th, 2011
Kobe Bryant’s marriage just got slam dunked.
The Los Angeles Lakers star’s wife Vanessa filed for divorce on Friday, citing irreconcilable differences.
The split, which comes after more than 10 years of marriage, is allegedly due to Bryant’s infidelity.
While the couple reportedly has no pre-nup, Vanessa requested joint custody of their two young daughters with visitation rights for Bryant.
Bryant has already filed a response to the divorce petition, agreeing to pay his now-estranged wife spousal support.
“The Bryants have resolved all issues incident to their divorce privately with the assistance of counsel and a Judgment dissolving their marital status will be entered in 2012,” their rep said in a statement.
The couple also asks “that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season the public respect our privacy during this difficult time.”
Are you surprised by the split?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- The Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days