Kobe Bryant’s Wife Files For Divorce
7:35 pm, December 16th, 2011
Kobe Bryant’s marriage just got slam dunked.
The Los Angeles Lakers star’s wife Vanessa filed for divorce on Friday, citing irreconcilable differences.
The split, which comes after more than 10 years of marriage, is allegedly due to Bryant’s infidelity.
While the couple reportedly has no pre-nup, Vanessa requested joint custody of their two young daughters with visitation rights for Bryant.
Bryant has already filed a response to the divorce petition, agreeing to pay his now-estranged wife spousal support.
“The Bryants have resolved all issues incident to their divorce privately with the assistance of counsel and a Judgment dissolving their marital status will be entered in 2012,” their rep said in a statement.
The couple also asks “that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season the public respect our privacy during this difficult time.”
Are you surprised by the split?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Miley Severed Justin & Selena's Relationship
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Woah! Old Photos of Kim Kardashian
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair